Chocolate Raspberry Thumbprints
- 2¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter (no substitutions), softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1¼ cup sliced natural almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1½ cup seedless red raspberry or apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in separate bowl.
- Mix butter and suger until creamy.
- Add egg, vanilla, chocolate, and cocoa then beat until well mixed.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture until blended.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and roll on the chopped almonds.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet 1-2 inches apart.
- With your thumb or a spoon make a small indentation in the center of each ball.
- Fill with about ¼ teaspoon of red raspberry jam.
- Bake 14-15 minutes or until jam is bubbly.
- Cool on wire rack.